Do you love working with animals? Then perhaps Dog Grooming is for you. The grooming course is 420 hours of hands-on training. It is an intensive course designed to teach all aspects of dog and cat grooming, from basics such as bathing and nails to designer cuts.
The School is also a grooming salon, therefore, courses are taught in a highly individualized hands-on environment by certified instructors. Students will groom dogs and cats every day and will work and learn at their own pace.
Approximately 2 -3 hours of the course focuses on various business aspects necessary to be successful in a grooming career.
Topics covered include:
- Dog breeds
- Animal first aid
- Grooming associations
- Setting up a Shop
- Shop Location
- Record keeping
- Customer Relations
- Retail merchandising
- Mobile grooming
Week 1 - 4
- Proper bathing and brushing techniques.
- Dog and Cat handling.
- Nail Trimming, Ear Cleaning, shave pads and Sanitary.
- How to properly and safely shave a Dog.
- Different clipper blade lengths.
- Clipper maintenance and handling.
- Snap on Combs
- Blending Head and tail.
- Trimming feet face ears and tail.
- At this point Students should be able to complete a Dog from start to finish.
- For the remainder of the program students will concentrate on learning as many Breed Standard hair cuts as possible.
Since the School is also an operating salon Students will gain a firsthand knowledge of the Grooming industry and witness first hand
- Customer interaction
- Record keeping
- Shop Maintenance
- Customer Satisfaction
If Dog Grooming is a career you are interested in please give us a call at 908-359-7387 to discuss enrollment. We look forward to hearing from you.